Saturday, January 14, 2012

Paying for expensive items that don't have coupons

  I need to go shopping for "staples" such as fruit fresh, cheese, kid cereal and so on that I have run out of and don't have coupons and sales for.  I've looked and looked for good deals but, can't find any.  The good news is I can buy other products that I have coupons for that are higher than what the item costs at Walmart and apply the extra coupon amount towards items that I don't have a coupon for.

  I used to dread shopping at Walmart because I don't like the large store and they almost always make a mistake on my receipt.  I started shopping there again when they changed their coupon policy to allow coupon overage to be applied towards other items you are purchasing or to give it to you as a refund.  It is too much of a hassle to get them to pay you but, I'm happy to buy other items I need and get them to pay for it.  Some recent coupons that have been higher than the product costs are Benefiber, Reach floss, KY jelly, BIC pens, Cortaid and Sunbird seasoning.  Check out iheartthemart.com and other sites for more information.  Several are printable coupons.  Please note that a few coupons such as Schick razors have started putting on their coupons, "No cash back if coupon value exceeds price".  In this case, you may not be allowed overage on these products.  What's not clear to me is whether you could still get the overage but, not get cash back if you were using these items.  I need to contact the manufacturer for clarification.

No comments:

Post a Comment