Thursday, January 19, 2012

Never buy envelopes again

  Years ago I learned that when the holidays are over, the card stockers have to come in and remove all the unsold greeting cards and send them back to the manufacturer for credit.  However, they don't send the envelopes back because it isn't required.  Some save them inside the case just in case they are needed and others just throw them away.  When I run across a card stocker, I have always asked if I could have their extra envelopes and have never been turned down.  Usually they are willing to give me all that I want and I have never run out of envelopes.  If I start to run low, I just check after the next holiday is over.  Note, just don't store envelopes in an area that has a lot of moisture or in an outside storage room as they will seal shut and be worthless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment