Friday, January 13, 2012

Getting paid to go on a date

  My Mom offered to watch the boys Friday night if my husband and I wanted to go out on a date.  I am signed up with a few mystery shopping firms and just happened to get some emails saying they needed a shopper for a restaurant and movie this week.  I applied for them and got them so now my husband and I get to go out to eat and spend up to $40 and we get to see a movie and spend up to $30.  We will be reimbursed for expenses up to these amounts and I will get paid $16 total on top of the expenses.  I don't do this very often just a few times a year.

  The cons are that I have to be very observant during the meal and the movie and take notes.  I also have to submit two reports within 24 hours.  The positive side is we could use a credit card and earn free rewards points as well as possibly be reimbursed by the time the credit card bill is due.  It takes me an hour to do each report however, I'm getting paid $8 an hour.  Knowing I'm getting paid to go out kind of makes me feel better about spending the money on entertainment.  Besides, the company is always great:).

No comments:

Post a Comment